Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Jinn Is Not Nuke - savannah.gnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Jinn Is Not Nuke - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:41:54 -0500

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 03:50:45PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Pim Snel <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Jinn Is Not Nuke
> System name: jinn
> Type: GNU

> Jinn is a multi-site, multi-database, multi-user/-group, database driven
> contentmanager written in and for the phpGroupWare Framework. Jinn makes it
> possible to have a lot of site-databases moderated by a lot of people all in
> one system. Access Rights are assigned at table-level and every site can have
> one or more site-administrators.
>
>  Jinn is a very useful tool for webdevelopers who need to setup a
> contentmanager for their frondend product. You\'re able to setup a nice
> idiot-proof interface for you\'re complex database design within minutes.
> Even one with many, and many with many relations are a peace of cake.
>
> Currently it\'s only tested with MySQL but because it only uses the phpGW-API
> database calls it maybe works with PostgreSQL too.
>
> The source of the last release jinn-0.4.4pre3 can be found at:
> http://www.lingewoud.nl/projects/phpgroupware/contentmanager/
>
> Other Software Required:
> phpGroupWare, php, ImageMagick or the GD library

In order to release your project under the GPL you
should write copyright notices and copying permission
statements at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt). Copy it for instance
into a file named COPYING.

Please follow the advice of http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

The GPL FAQ can also help you understand the reason behind
thoses recommendations. For example, there is an entry explaining
why the GPL requires including a copy of the GPL with
every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

You did only include the short version of the copying permission
statements.  Pleas include the longer version, e.g.:

/*
        Program - what is does
        Copyright (C) year(s) your name

    This file is part of PROGRAM NAME

    Race is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
    by
    (at your option) any later version.

    Race is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

    along with Race; if not, write to the Free Software
    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA
    02111-1307  USA
*/

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above. The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times. Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

Regards,

Rudy