Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Race - 3D car game - savannah.nongn

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Race - 3D car game - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:56:28 -0500

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 12:58:39PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Harry Storbacka <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Race - 3D car game
> System name: race
> Type: non-GNU

> Race is a 3d cargame currently hosted at sourceforge. http://race.sf.net.
> License: GNU GPL. Sources for a not yet announced release can be found at:
>
> http://race.sourceforge.net/files/race-0.9.0-2.tar.gz
>
> The goal of the project is to create an entertaining car game released as
> free software. In the game one drives a car, trying to reach the goal before
> the opponents. The view in the game is from a \"bird\" perspective.
>
> All development is done using GNU/Linux, but ports to windows have been done
> also. Included in race is also a track editor.
>
> The code and graphics are under the GPL, but the music, an optional addition
> to the game, has it\'s own license, that is not a free software license.
> (http://race.sourceforge.net/music.php3). I\'d assume that you will not
> accept such a license, and in that case I\'m perfectly fine with not having
> the music files on savannah.

I have put your project on hold.  Please mail to address@hidden and
explanation why the music files can't be placed under a free license.

You must understand that we -- the FSF -- support free software
project and we cannot have projects be dependant on non free software
(or other files).

Regards,

Rudy