[Savannah-hackers] submission of pygsear - savannah.nongnu.org

From: missive
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of pygsear - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:04:57 -0500

Lee Harr <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: pygsear
System name: pygsear
Type: non-GNU

I made some code to make it simpler for people new to
programming to be able to jump right in and show some things on
screen, move them around, remove them, etc. I started off calling
these modules \"simple\" though they have grown quite a bit since
then.

The package utilizes python and pygame for graphics display, and
will be used in an introductory programming book I am writing.
I will eventually want to release the book under a free license
also. You can see the early stages of the book here:

http://staff.easthighschool.net/lee/computers/book/

You can read more about the package here:

http://staff.easthighschool.net/lee/computers/games/simple/

and download the latest version at:

http://staff.easthighschool.net/lee/computers/games/simple/versions/20030123/distfile/pygsear-0.23.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
Python (PSF License) (http://python.org/2.2.2/license.html)
SDL (LGPL) (http://www.libsdl.org/license.php)
Pygame (LGPL) (http://pygame.org/readme.html)
Twisted (LGPL) (http://twistedmatrix.com/) # Not required yet.

Other Comments:
The license (gpl.txt) is in a file at the top level of the
distribution called LICENSE.