Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Jan's Gtk CVS notifications...?]

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Jan's Gtk CVS notifications...?]
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:08:50 -0500

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 07:56:07PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I do have a working SSHv1 setup on my home machine that supports
> telnet and scp, so I could remedy the problem with CVS by logging into
> gnu.org and committing changes from there.  However, that approach,
> too, was closed to me when gnu.org went to SSHv2.  Moving to SSHv2 on
> my home machine would again require installing, configuring, and
> learning to use packages for which I don't have time.

Putty uses ssh2:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/faq.html#A.1.1
A.1.1 Does PuTTY support SSH v2?

Yes. SSH v2 support has been available in PuTTY since version
0.50. However, currently the default SSH protocol is v1; to select SSH
v2 if your server supports both, go to the SSH panel and change the
Preferred SSH protocol version option. (The factory default will
change to v2 in the next full release.)

But I do not know if putty is suitable for you.  Putty is an excellent
ssh client for under Windows.

And it is free software.

Rudy