Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Nova Gaming System - savannah.nongn

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Nova Gaming System - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:47:19 -0500

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:16:47PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Patrick Smallwood <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Nova Gaming System
> System name: novasystem
> Type: non-GNU

> Nova Gaming System: The Kabal invasion
>
> A PHP and mysql driven codebase that will allow the creation of turn-based
> web accessible games. Currently the game and the backend are one codebase,
> but we will be focusing on the seperation of the two.
>
> The current \"first module\", \"The Kabal Invasion\" is considerably mature
> for a pre-alpha project. Hosted and in active use on 10 servers to date, it
> has proven to be a popular game.
>
> We began as a fork from BlackNova Traders, and have committed over 1600
> changes to the codebase since. The fork was a mostly amicable one, and we
> maintain strong communication and sharing between the two teams.
>
> http://novasystem.sourceforge.net/ - homepage
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/novasystem - sourceforge project page
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/blacknova (where we forked from)

In order to release your project under the GPL you
should write copyright notices and copying permission
statements at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt). Copy it for instance
into a file named COPYING.

Please follow the advice of http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

The GPL FAQ can also help you understand the reason behind
thoses recommendations. For example, there is an entry explaining
why the GPL requires including a copy of the GPL with
every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

> Other Software Required:
> mysql, php.
>
> Other Comments:
> We will be migrating all gif\'s to png\'s (although I have heard that the
> patent on gifs has expired?), before our migration to savannah.

Could you please update the current codebase first?  And also include
the copyright statements.

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above. The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times. Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

Regards,

Rudy