Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of http-emacs - savannah.nongnu.org

From: D . Goel
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of http-emacs - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 21 Mar 2003 08:51:21 -0500

hi

thanks a lot. savannah rocks.

yeah, i am aware of BHL.  BHL and this are a bit different and serve
different niches.

In fact, i think emacs-wiki.el comes much closer to http-emacs than
does BHL.

but emacs-wiki (as also BHL) is more for local wikis (html for BHL).
http-emacs is for remote wikis.

> Hi,
> Your project http-emacs has been approved and you should receive an automated
> message telling you that. Are you aware of project BHL in Savannah?
>   http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bhl
> It seems to have similar objectives to yours.
>
> Regards,
> Jaime
>
> > Package: http-emacs
> > System name: http-emacs
> > Type: non-GNU

> > http-emacs includes http-post and http-get which allows you to fetch,
> > render and post html pages via emacs.  It also includes simple-wiki-*
> > modules, which allow you to edit remote (and local) wikis via emacs, and
> > also includes a major-mode for the same.  We emacsers already use this mode
> > to edit variosu usemod/oddmuse wikis like the emacswiki, octave, fsedu
> > wikis.

> > Also see the other URL\'s this points to for accompanying files.
> >
> > Other Software Required:
> > requires Gnu Emacs 21, not yet tested with Xemacs.

Have a good day,

DG                                 http://gnufans.net/
--
    Celebrating RMS's 50th birthday 03/03/16.
                Yes, it's GNU/Linux.