[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of PLEADE - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of PLEADE - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 02 May 2003 12:06:21 +0200

address@hidden said:

> Martin Sévigny <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: PLEADE
> System name: pleade
> Type: non-GNU

> PLEADE (free software for archival exploration using EAD documents).
>
> PLEADE is a Web application for searching and viewing XML/EAD archival
> finding aids. It is based on the SDX platform (http://sdx.culture.fr, hosted
> on Savannah at http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/sdx/). There is a french
> overview of the project at http://www.pleade.org.
>
> PLEADE is sponsored by two private french companies : AJLSM and Anaphore. It
> will be released under the GPL. No source code is currently available, but it
> will soon be (in a week or two).
>
> Other Software Required:
> PLEADE is an SDX application, and SDX is a Web Java (based on
> Cocoon)framework for searching and viewing XML documents. SDX is
> known to work on most JVM.

Your project is approved but, about SDX (you are admin of SDX, aren't you?):
        - Make sure it run with completely free system, WITHOUT
        proprietary java
        (see http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for more
        information)
        Information about that are missing on SDX website.
        - Please note that "Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex
        system that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
        the ideals of the Free Software movement.

        Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS
        to GNU/Linux?

        I noticed a lot of references to Linux as an OS on webpage
        hosted at www.nongnu.org/sdx

        For more information, see
        http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

  Homepage: