[Savannah-hackers] submission of Mongoose Free OS Distribution System -

From: pbg1854
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Mongoose Free OS Distribution System - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 13:56:23 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Peter Gavin <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Mongoose Free OS Distribution System
System name: mongoose
Type: GNU

The purpose of this project is to create a 100% architecture and kernel
independent meta-distribution. Basically, this will consist of a package
manager, which I am calling Mpak, and a set of packages. Mpak will also be
distribution independent, like RPM. Mpak will be able to calculate and
automatically be able to build dependencies for all packages, and will have
support for bootstrapping dependency cycles. It will also have support for
specifying any features you want compiled into the package, both globally and
on a per package basis. Many other features are planned!

I have some beginning C++ code I\'ve written for Mpak, which once I clean up, I
will put into CVS.

Other Software Required:
I\'m using GCC/G++ 3.2, but any C++ compiler with good STL support should do.

Other Comments: