[Savannah-hackers] [ 102099 ] Questiont concerning Legal Issues

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 102099 ] Questiont concerning Legal Issues
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 15:48:13 -0400

Support Request #102099, was updated on Sat 05/03/03 at 19:48
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=102099&group_id=11

Category: None

By: qckcode
Date: Sat 05/03/03 at 19:48
Logged In: YES
user_id=16521
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020623
Debian/1.0.0-0.woody.1

I've as of now (in my opinion) reached version 1.0 of
an open source data structures & algorithms library
I've written.

In 846 or so lines, it currently implements:
adjancecy list
breadth first search
depth first search
connected components
strongly connected components
topological sort
kruskal's minimum spanning tree
dijkstra's shortest path
bellman-ford shortest path
edmund-karp maximum flow

I want to release this under the MIT/X11 license for
the opensource community. However, I do not want any
possible chance of having any legal problems w/
releasing this library or so (I don't understand
copyright/patent laws & the such myself).

I have not (consciously) used code from any other
project. It's mainly based upon the pseudo code from
CLR's "introduction to algorithms", some documentation
on the USA Comp. Sci. Olympiad training page, and code
I've written in the past.

What's the optimal way for me to release this w/o
having possible legal issues in the future? [I.e. is
there a way for me to release the code w/o liability?]

Thanks in advance,
--tk