[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of XOOPS Module Development Effort -

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of XOOPS Module Development Effort - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 21 May 2003 11:26:34 +0200

Matthew Bogosian <address@hidden> said:

> That's okay...this is getting way too hard. I've submitted the project
> twice already.
>
> First, it was my fault, because I wasn't clear that our project had no
> sources of its own. Rudy wrote me to inquire about this. I e-mailed him
> back and resubmitted the project indicating that we did not have any
> sources and it was a new project.
>
> Then, I recieved an e-mail from Jaime V. who said that XOOPS (the
> project for which we are independently writing plugins) used GIFs and
> there was a problem with the COPYING file and that we would have to fix
> these if we wanted our project submitted. If I understand correctly,
> that would be like saying that one couldn't host *mod_perl* on Savannah
> if *Apache* used GIFs.

I assume that Jaime thought that your project was a part of
Xoops. It's not, apparently. So the gif issue is not yours.

> I tried to e-mail Jaime back to explain further, but his e-mail
> bounced due to an unresolvable forwarding address.

Weird. To which address did you sent your mail?

> Since I couldn't get in touch with Jaime, I wrote Rudy back because
> he was my last point of contact and he was already (presumably)
> familiar with the project. He effectly told us that wasn't his job
> this week. If that is the case (i.e., that Savannah volunteers
> rotate weekly), why does anyone respond with his/her personal e-mail
> address in the From:/Reply-to: headers? Why is it not always
> <address@hidden>?

Because for many reasons, it's always better to send a mail with an
address that belongs to someone. It easier to understand who sent the
mail.

That said, in each mail, normally address@hidden is in Cc:,
and in our contact page at savannah, the address proposed is
address@hidden Every Savannah volunteers are on that list.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: