[Savannah-hackers] submission of Tasklist 3.0 (Groupware) - savannah.no

From: iain_collins
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Tasklist 3.0 (Groupware) - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:44:30 -0400

Iain Collins <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Tasklist 3.0 (Groupware)
System name: tasklist-org
Type: non-GNU

This is a start at a web based project management groupware system (with GTK
and Palm OS client to follow once the server side XML interface to
reading/writing data is complete, as I have experience in developing GTK and
Palm OS applications too).

It is written primarily in Perl and is indeded to be an elegant and simple to
use (yet reasonably powerful) alternative to propriatory software like
Microsoft Project. Despite being written in Perl the project is intended to be
structured and have competant error handling and easy to use and well document
interfaces between modules.

The engine is heavily centered around XML and is design to allow it to be
extensible enough to be made into a useful Call Tracking and Bug Tracking tool
(as I believe there are few competant systems around to meet this task and such
a multi-user system naturally shares much of the same code as a multi-user
Task/Project management system).

Goals include: Easy of Install, Ease of Use, Complete Web Based Configuration
(for everything), simple yet fast database format (not SQL, as this is
something that will be optional for \'Power Users\', the default will be for
the project not to require any standalone database software), XML interfaces
for data exchange, advanced features such as document attachment/storage,
report generation and GANTT chart views.

Download:
http://www.tasklist.org/tasklist.tgz

A seperate package with an install script (for Expat is kicking around
somewhere, but it\'s work in progress.

--
I say this is a \'start\' this is actually a reworking of an older (GPL\'d)
system with a fresh lease of life and using a lot of technique\'s I have

Other Software Required:
- Perl 5.6 or Newer (The Artistic License)
  Required.

- Expat (MIT License) & Perl XML interface (SAX. XML::Parser, etc.)
  Currently Required, to be downgraded to \'suggested\' in the final stages
leading up to release.

- Apache (Apache Software License)
  Suggested, not required.

Other Comments:
The following download is provided purely for the purposes of review,
licensing/documentation is incomplete, and the product still contains GIF
images (these are being replaced with with PNG\'s, but there was a PNG library
conflict on my system which prevented me from saving PNG files in GIMP for a
short period).