[Savannah-hackers] Re: Gaim-Encryption plugin violates Gaim's license

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Gaim-Encryption plugin violates Gaim's license
Date: 03 Jun 2003 10:15:14 +0200

Just a note:

According to a thread on address@hidden, it appears that
OpenSSL is GPL incompatible.

Many software use OpenSSL
(as http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/apache-ssl.html )

For Savannah, it has no particular consequences. It's ok to host a
project depending on free GPL-incompatible software, as long the
software is himself GPL compatible.

That said, according to the thread, it may be illegal anyway to do a
GPL software depending of OpenSSL. Any clear idea on the topic?

Bill Tompkins <address@hidden> a tapoté :