[Savannah-hackers] branch diffs version of log_accum.pl

From: Paul Fisher
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] branch diffs version of log_accum.pl
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 16:00:46 -0400

I've made modifications to log_accum.pl based on information from RMS
and Andre Spiegel.  I've tested these modifications outside of a live
CVS environment, and I believe the changes should work fine.  If
someone on savannah-hackers could give this a test run on a CVS tree
that has an in-use branch, that would be great.

As I understand the situation, with the current version of
log_accum.pl on savannah, generating diffs does not work correctly if
a branch is in use.  My patch does a cvs rlog at the time of commit to
figure out the current version on a branch and generates a diff
against the prior version (whose revision number is one minor number
less than the current revision).

I've attached a patch and the full new version of log_accum.pl.