[Savannah-hackers] trouble logging into savannah for anon. cvs

From: Steven Augart
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] trouble logging into savannah for anon. cvs
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:31:03 -0400

Dear savannah-hackers,

I am having trouble logging into savannah for anonymous CVS I have read over the FAQ and am still confused.

I am using this CVS version:
        Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.1p1 (client/server)

Here is what happens:

I type:
  $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/m4 login
I see:
   Logging in to :pserver:address@hidden:2401/cvsroot/m4
   CVS password:
I press <RETURN>, as instructed to do.

I see:
   cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server subversions.gnu.org: EOF

This is (regrettably) always repeatable.

Am I missing something, or is subversions broken? Is there a CVS mirror I could use for readonly access? I browsed around but did not find anything obvious; just a list of mirrors of the GNU web site.

Sincerely Yours,

Steven Augart

--
Steven Augart
Jikes Research Virtual Machine project (open source)