[Savannah-hackers] I received a message from your group??

From: Joel Sampson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] I received a message from your group??
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:08:13 -0500

Greetings. Strange message approaching.  Maybe not to you.

I asked my ISP about the following, and they said they have no idea
how or why I got a message.  I think maybe a company using your
servers has the K_lez worm and maybe you should notify them??

Here's a slightly edited string... first I got a file with an attachment, then
this message appeared next...

So I sent my ISP a message...

Then I received the following response and confirmed it by phone...

> >  This message was sent from a source entirely unaffiliated with Socket.
> >  I would recommend sending an email to the domain that appears to
> >  be responsible.  Thank you.
> >
> >  Scott
> >  (my ISP) Technical Support
> >  Ticket #:  279627

So I'm guessing that maybe Entertainment Events Inc. may have a virus
and is going through your server - maybe a customer of yours?? I don't
know, but it's happened 3 or 4 times and the from and subject lines
were different each time, but the "address@hidden" was
in each notification message.  Are you scanning the messages as they
go through, and if so, is it software that is available to any ISP to buy?
I'd recommend it to mine!  Any details would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Joel Sampson