Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of smtpmail - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of smtpmail - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:08:03 +0100

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 05:05:27AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
> Christian Toepp <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: smtpmail
> System name: smtpmail
> Type: GNU

> smtpmail is a replacement for mailx. it is used if
> the machine does not have a mailserver to send local
> mail. smtpmail enables the user to send their mail
> to a remote smtpserver. it also implements smtp auth.
> the source is available at http://195.135.166.74/smtpmail-0.3.tar.gz

(sorry for my delay in replying to you).

You say you are releasing your project under the GPL, and you have
correctly included a copy of the GPL license in a file named
COPYING, but the comments you have put at the beginning of your source files
make the "public domain" and not GPL.
GPL software cannot be copied and modified without restriction, since there
are a few restriction to make sure nobody hides your sofware into their
proprietary packages.

Please write down copyright notices at the beginning of every source file,
and replace the copying permission statement by the 3 paragraphs proposed in
the section "How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs" in COPYING
(look at: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html).

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above.  The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times.  Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

Regards,
Jaime