Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of giFTcurs - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of giFTcurs - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:47:00 +0100

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 11:35:19PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Göran Weinholt <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: giFTcurs
> System name: giftcurs
> Type: non-GNU

Hi,
your project has been approved and you should have just received an automated
welcoming message.
Please make the following changes to all your C files before you upload them
to Savannah:
where it reads:

 * giFTcurs is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as
 * published by the Free Software Foundation.

it should say:

 * giFTcurs is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, either version 2
 * or (at your option) any later version as
 * published by the Free Software Foundation.

The file COPYING that you have included already says that users can choose
version 2 or any later version of the GPL. If a user finds that a later
version does not give him the freedom he wants he can only use the software
under the terms of the GPL version 2. We do not allow "GPL version 2 only"
software for practical reasons (if a version 3 ever appears, we would might
have software incompatibilities until all projects updated their licenses to
allow version 3).

Regards,
Jaime