[Savannah-hackers] submission of The Stump Window Manager - savannah.non

From: sabetts
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The Stump Window Manager - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:20:42 -0400

Shawn Betts <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: The Stump Window Manager
System name: stumpwm
Type: non-GNU

Replace this paragraph by the technical description of your
project (approximately 20 lines should be OK). Do not
forget to include a URL to the source code, even if it
is not a functional version (it will be easier to sort out
licensing problems now, rather than having your project
rejected later on). If you do not have any code
to show yet, then say that explicitly.

My project is a window manager for X11 written entirely in Common Lisp using
CLX. It will be largely modelled after ratpoison (http://ratpoison.sf.net) but
with a much larger emphasis on customizability. I will use customizing features
similar to emacs (hooks, customizable variablees) but it will restrict itself
to a tiling keyboard based window manager. The user, should she choose, would
have the opportunity to add customization that depend on the pointer (click to
focus for example).

Currently, it handles new windows, maximizes them, displays a window list,
allows you to switch between windows and kill windows, and provides some hooks
for users to insert their own code. It has no X11 error handling yet which
makes it crash semi-frequently, but it is usable (I'm using it right now).

Here is a snapshot of what I have so far:

http://www.sfu.ca/~sabetts/stumpwm-0.0.0.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
Common Lisp (tested with CMUCL)
CLX (tested with CMUCL's CLX)
CLOCC (clocc.sf.net). Currently I do not depend on it, but I expect to be using
timers, shell command execution and possibly multiple processes. This package
appears to wrap these things in a portable way with an emphasis on support for
free CL implementations.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/