Re: [Savannah-hackers] viewcvs problem/question

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] viewcvs problem/question
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:30:21 +0100

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 02:45:52PM -0400, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> I'm setting up the gnuspeech project after some problems it had when
> there was a duplicate registration.
>
> The only problem left is that the CVS dirs aren't shown.  I found that
> the file /etc/viewcvs/forbidden-projects has "gnuspeech" in it.  So
> this might explain why it isn't readable.
>
> How is that file managed?  Is it pulled out of a database or is it
> through CVS?

I created that file in April, just by listing the directories in /cvsroot
which where not readable by everyone. I used it as an intermidate step to
create a comma separated list of those projects (file forbidden-list). Sorry I
forgot to remove the intermediate files forbidden-projects and forbidden-list
used to update viewcvs.conf (done!).

To make gnuspeech visible, you have to modify the viewcvs.conf file, removing
gnuspeech from the list of forbidden projects. It seems that you are working
on it, but you have not commited your changes to the CVS server. Please do not
forget to commit any changes you make in /etc/cvsview/ (and in any other
directory where you see a "CVS" subdirectory :-).

You then have to update /root/ChangeLog manually, to explain the changes
you've made.

Cheers,
Jaime