[Savannah-hackers] Re: Mirroring via rsync

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Mirroring via rsync
Date: 21 Jul 2003 23:16:45 +0200

Mark Thomas <address@hidden> said:

> On 18 Jul 2003, Mathieu Roy wrote:
>
> >Mark Thomas <address@hidden> said:
> >
> >>   Do you have an rsync URL we can mirror directly from?
> >
> >Yes, you can download
> >        savannah.gnu.org:/upload/
> >to mirror every non-GNU projects download area.
> >
> >Tell us if you have any issues with it.
> >

> This doesn't seem to be responding to either rsync or ftp. What should
> we be using to mirror it?

For ftp, it's normal.

For rsync, do you have user account? Are you member of a project. I do
not think that anonymous rsync access exists.

I would prefer to set up a meta project to grant you special rsync
access, to make sure that we do not get rsync by tons of persons at
the same time.

A command like
rsync -vau --rsh=ssh  address@hidden:/upload thisdir
should work.

If you havent a savannah account, create one and give me your login
name.
If you got one and you are not member of any project, I'll set up a
meta project.
In any others case, it should work fine.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: