Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNUSim8085 - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNUSim8085 - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:33:40 +0100

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 07:28:21AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
> Sridhar <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: GNUSim8085
> System name: gnusim8085
> Type: GNU

> My project is a simulator and assembler for the intel 8085 microprocessor.
> I have used GTK+ and GNOME libs for the GUI part and GLib as a utility
> library.  For my project I have used the GNU autotools.  The software
> contains a simulator, assembler and a slick debugger.
> Currently I have not uploaded my project anywhere.  But i am planning to do
> so here, since I am more GNU than others.
>
> Other Software Required:
> GTK+-2.0
> GNOME libraries

Your project is not yet part of the GNU project, so we cannot
accept its current name "gnusim8085".

While there are non-GNU programs with names that include 'gnu', such
as gnuplot and gnuboy, they are not hosted on Savannah.
We wish to maintain a clear distinction between GNU and non-GNU projects
in Savannah.

When your project is accepted into the GNU project you can later ask us to
change the name of your project.
You will have to register your project again, with a different name.

Also, we would like to see some part of your source code, even if it does not
work yet, just to make sure that you are applying the GPL correctly. You can
e-mail us (to rudy or villate AT gnu.org) a tarball, or put it in some URL and
mentione it in the registration.

Regards,
Jaime