Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Linux Kernel Patchset - Bastard - s

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Linux Kernel Patchset - Bastard - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:48:22 -0400

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 09:57:01AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Full Real <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Linux Kernel Patchset - Bastard
> System name: bastard
> Type: non-GNU

> Linux patchset adding few features important for server
> machines, that includes FreeSWAN, CIPE, CTX(Vserver), XFS, DRBD
> and OCFS. General idea is to add things that are not intrusive
> ( things like ftps or ocfs, or mga_vid driver ), and avoid stuff
> like O(1) and preemptive scheduling.
> Of course both XFS and CTX don't fit that description, but
> I think they're worth it.
> Patches should be available at http://eyck.forumakad.pl/bastard/
>

> Other Software Required:
>

> Other Comments:
> I'm not that sure if patchset fits the bill as a project for savannah.

Before releasing your project under the GPL, please place
copyright notices and permission to copy statements at the beginning
of every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), into a file named "COPYING".

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Can you tell me how you apply this with patches?

Rudy

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org