Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:07:12 -0400

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:23:21PM +0100, Nic wrote:
> Rudy Gevaert <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > As a GNU admin you should know that Guile is GNU's official extension
> > > implementation of Scheme and that libxml2 is Gnome's official XML
> > > library.
> >
> > I do not think it is a obligatory to know all the GNU projects.
>
> Ok... but if you're presented with something like my submission don't
> you use the free directory to check?

Yes, but this time I didn't.  I'm not affraid to say I was lazy that
time.  And when reading about 10 to 15 registrations one gets tired.

> > > Do I *have* to submit this again?
> >
> > Yes...
> >
> > Don't take it personally but I have spend nearly 1 to 2 hours a day
> > working on submitted projects and on responding to bug and support
> > requests.   This next to my vacation job and knowing that I am the
> > only admin for the moment that is able to spend time on savannah.
>
> I understand this point. But I can't really accept it. If the
> savannah-hackers are swamped why hasn't the issue been escalated to
> FSF management?

Loic has contacts with somebody to come and help us.  Jaime and
Mathieu are on holidays and I expect that Mathieu will return next
week.

> You could at least have mailed savannah-hackers with a very obvious
> message, maybe:
>    WE ARE SWAMPED, WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
>
> I don't have a lot of time. But if you're swamped with work I could
> help. I have an account on subversions and access to root (at least I
> did have some time ago) so the only thing you'd have to set me up on
> is the savannah tools themselves.

> I'm sure there are other people lurking on the savannah-hackers
> mailing list who would be willing to do a short amount of time.

I didn't think of it. I've never seen it done before, so I thought to
bite through this week.

Rudy
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms