Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS Remove directory

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS Remove directory
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 02:24:41 -0400

Hi Guillaume,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 05:16:10PM +0200, guillaume deflaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm getting crazy trying to remove a directory from my CVS repository.
> Could you tell me what to do please. I tried everything i found on the web
> to do so but nothing works.
>
> My project name is "eyes wide open".

You should remove the directory locally and them do "cvs remove
dirname".  After that a "cvs commit" should finish it.

This way the directory is put in the "attic" of the project.  That
means it is removed but can still be retrieved in case it is needed.

Rudy

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org