Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:02:05 +0100

Hi Rudy and Nic,
Rudy: Nic has given us some valuable help in savannah-hackers in various
ocassions. If his name does not seem familiar to you, it is because he has
not written to the savannah-hackers list lately.

If I remember correctly, Nic had volunteered to take care of requests
to import CVS repositories into Savannah, but I do not think he is currently
doing it :-)

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:23:21PM +0100, Nic wrote:
> I understand this point. But I can't really accept it. If the
> savannah-hackers are swamped why hasn't the issue been escalated to
> FSF management?
They know we are constantly looking for volunteers. The problem is that it is
hard to give the responsability of accepting projects to some volunteer who is
not very familiar with Savannah policies.

> You could at least have mailed savannah-hackers with a very obvious
> message, maybe:
>    WE ARE SWAMPED, WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
when the pending projects queue starts growing fast, one can hardly find any
time even to post a message asking for help. Rudy has done an excellent job
this week, considering I've left him with over 15 pending projects that I
could not manage to handle on my turn last week :)

> I don't have a lot of time. But if you're swamped with work I could
> help. I have an account on subversions and access to root (at least I
> did have some time ago) so the only thing you'd have to set me up on
> is the savannah tools themselves.
thanks. I have included you in project Savannah. One thing you could do to
help us would be answering help requests and bug reports for Savannah. Rudy is
currently replying to help requests, which does not leave him much time for
project moderation.

I think you also have enough experience to handle projects approvals if you
would be willing to give us a hand. The best way to do it is to start by
answering project registrations, sending your answers to rudy, yeupou, loic
and villate @gnu.org, pretending you were the system administrator.
After a few days you get used to it and we can judge whether you are ready for
the task.

> I'm sure there are other people lurking on the savannah-hackers
> mailing list who would be willing to do a short amount of time.
They are always welcome to help us. It may take some time for us to get them
started when they are not familiar with Savannah administration, but if they
are willing to spend some time, we'll teach them.

Cheers,
Jaime