Re: [Savannah-hackers] experience as a new savannah user

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] experience as a new savannah user
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:50:29 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: "Jaime E. Villate" <address@hidden>

    > I'd like to ask you whether you can give us some help on setting up arch
in
    > Savannah.

Of course.

    > We'd like to give Savannah projects the possibility to choose among
    > CVS and arch. To be able to do it, we have to understand how to provide
the
    > same services we currently have for CVS, using arch (for example what to
use
    > instead of viewcvs to browse an arch repository via web and how to control
    > access by Unix groups).

I think it will make sense to enable hosting an archive even if we
can't simultaneously enable hosting a browser.

The current arch browser support is a bit resource intensive
(especially disk space) and fairly demanding of web browser
capabilities.  My instinct is that it is therefore not appropriate for
Savannah.   I think we're going to try to hack up something lighter
weight for Savannah.

    > I'll leave on vacation until August 24th, but when I come back I'd like to
    > spend some time on that task.

Excellent.   Thank you.

-t