Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Nic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 01 Aug 2003 14:52:18 +0100

"Jaime E. Villate" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Rudy and Nic,
> Rudy: Nic has given us some valuable help in savannah-hackers in various
> ocassions. If his name does not seem familiar to you, it is because he has
> not written to the savannah-hackers list lately.
>
> If I remember correctly, Nic had volunteered to take care of requests
> to import CVS repositories into Savannah, but I do not think he is currently
> doing it :-)

No. It's just that I haven't spotted any requests for imports.

I guess you guys are using the task system for things like this
(yes?). I'd be happy to do CVS imports based on the task list.

> They know we are constantly looking for volunteers. The problem is
> that it is hard to give the responsability of accepting projects to
> some volunteer who is not very familiar with Savannah policies.

I think there are many non-active GNU admins (like me and alexl for
example) who would help out when you are really swamped.

> thanks. I have included you in project Savannah. One thing you could
> do to help us would be answering help requests and bug reports for
> Savannah. Rudy is currently replying to help requests, which does
> not leave him much time for project moderation.

Of course. I'd be happy to answer such requests.

The request come directly into the tech support manager on the
savannah project? or are they picked up from mails first?

> I think you also have enough experience to handle projects approvals
> if you would be willing to give us a hand. The best way to do it is
> to start by answering project registrations, sending your answers to
> rudy, yeupou, loic and villate @gnu.org, pretending you were the
> system administrator.  After a few days you get used to it and we
> can judge whether you are ready for the task.

Would it be better for me to take load off the moderators by answering
support calls. I can see the sense in keeping moderation to quite a
tight team.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk