[Savannah-hackers] submission of InGroup Collaboration Server - savannah

From: Dmitry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of InGroup Collaboration Server - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 16:12:09 -0400

Dmitry Agafonov <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: InGroup Collaboration Server
System name: ingroup
Type: non-GNU

I wish to start another groupware project.
The only aim here is to provide tool for easy collaboration with clear and
simple interface for small groups (including small enterprises).
I want to implement "personal", "group" and "project" management tasks,
messaging capabilityes and some other fixed set of features. This will be
server for collaborating in way: "let's talk about", without connection with
the real projects (such as download, cvs, patches, etc.)
The aim of development is to limit the dependence on other software and
environment.
For now there is NO code for this project but I can imagine it as pure Perl
code to run as CGI with database storage for  ALL data and code for core and
modules except "boot" script.
The main result expected is software for less or more closed small groups and
projects. This software will be easy to install, update, support and extend.

Other Software Required:
I list but I think all will be found in any Free Operating system
 - any Perl version + DBI/DBD
 - any Web server with CGI support
 - any (supported by DBI/DBD) Database

Other Comments: