Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah NEEDS sftp; suggestions and offer of hel

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah NEEDS sftp; suggestions and offer of help
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:48:37 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:49:19AM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> Without sftp, I cannot use arch with my Savannah projects.  Two of my
> projects depend on the arch revision system to be practical.
> I request that Savannah upgrade the OpenSSH version from 3.4p1-0.0woody1
> to 3.6.1p2-4.  I hope that will fix the problem.

The best I have been able to do was to update from 3.4p1-0.0woody1 to
3.4p1-1

Upgrading to 3.6.1p2-4 requires upgrading 32 packages, including the C
libraries and that is very risky. It would have to be done by someone who can
at least restart the server if necessary.

> If the above upgrade of the server doesn't fix the problem, may I please
> have some sort of shell access to the server to poke around and get a
> better idea of what the problem is.
Thanks.
do you already have a username in Savannah and have submitted the public
key for your server? if you don't, please send me the public key and I'll give
you access.

We can schedule a meeting in #savannah at irc.gnu.org. When are you available?

> The window of opportunity for one of my projects is closing.  I'd prefer
> Savannah to be it's host.  Please reply speedily; I'd like to help
> resolve the problem quickly.
and we'd be very grateful if you could solve the sftp issue which has puzzled
us for quite some time.

Regards,
Jaime