[Savannah-hackers] subversions.gnu.org ssh remote host ID

From: Jim Segrave
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] subversions.gnu.org ssh remote host ID
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:00:40 +0200

I am one of the developers for the gnubg project (loging
jsegrave). Today when I went to pull a copy of the software from cvs I
got:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle
attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA1 host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA1 key sent by the remote host is
bb:04:5c:4b:0f:c5:c0:7c:5d:cf:d7:c2:bf:59:1a:dc.

Has the host id been changed or do I need to worry?
Is there a reason the host id changed?
Is there a reason that if it was changed it's not in the News page?

--
Jim Segrave           address@hidden