[Savannah-hackers] sftp now working on Savannah

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] sftp now working on Savannah
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 03:32:41 -0700

Thank you to everyone who helped out.  Arch is now usable in the most
important sense on Savannah.

I modified the login shell given to regular Savannah users, which fixed
the sftp problem:

'X/usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server'*|'X/usr/lib/sftp-server'*|'X/usr/libexec/sftp-server'*)
 # Actually run it.
 valid=yes
 # Uncomment the lien bellow when the chroot jail actually works
 #/usr/local/bin/savannah-sftp
 # This line below works for now, but is not chrooted.
 /usr/lib/sftp-server
 # maybe it should use /usr/local/savannah/bin/savannah-sftp instead
 ;;

I have one question; are the upload areas accessable from the web, so
people can download things we upload?  Can we set up an anonymous
account that has no password, that can do downloads from the upload
directory?  If the upload directory is accessable from the web, we could
do without the anonymous account.

Cheers!

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2