Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ArX revision control system - savan

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ArX revision control system - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:40:57 -0400

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 01:30:59PM -0400, Walter Landry wrote:
> Rudy Gevaert <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 07:47:37AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> > >
> > > A package was submitted to savannah.nongnu.org
> > > This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
> > >

> > > Walter Landry <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> > > License: gpl
> >
> > Before releasing your project under the GPL, please place
> > copyright notices and permission to copy statements at the beginning
> > of every file of source code.
>
> That has already be done.  Are there any files in particular that
> concern you?

I picked out one file:
http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/ArX-1.0pre8/src/arx/remote/

#
# with-archive.sh - connect to a possibly remote archive
# Copyright (C) 2001, 2002 Tom Lord
# Copyright (C) 2002, 2003 Walter Landry and the Regents of the
#                                  University of California
#
# See the file "COPYING" for further information about
# the copyright and warranty status of this work.
#

That isn't the correct permission to copy statement.

  If you develop a new program, and you want it to be of the greatest
possible use to the public, the best way to achieve this is to make it
free software which everyone can redistribute and change under these
terms.

  To do so, attach the following notices to the program.  It is safest
to attach them to the start of each source file to most effectively
convey the exclusion of warranty; and each file should have at least
the "copyright" line and a pointer to where the full notice is found.

    <one line to give the program's name and a brief idea of what it
    does.>
    Copyright (C) <year>  <name of author>

    This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
    by
    (at your option) any later version.

    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA
    02111-1307  USA

Rudy

--
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org