[Savannah-hackers] Re: RSS for savannah pages.

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: RSS for savannah pages.
Date: 28 Aug 2003 18:34:21 +0200

Nic <address@hidden> said:

> Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > En réponse à Nic <address@hidden>:
> >
> > > I have some code to generate RSS pages from SQL querys.
> > >
> > > Are we interested in making RSS of our projects available? Maybe NEWS
> > > + File releases as a single RSS?
> > >
> > > I could easily hack that together.
> >
> > Hi Nic,
> >
> > See http://sv.gnu.org/bugs?group=savannah
> > there's an item about that.
> >
> > If you want it, you can do it.
>
> Ok... I'll pick it up.
>
> > It should be done for any kind of data. Bugs,
> > tasks -etc...- RSS are also interesting.
> > In fact, maybe a RSS per project is more appropriate: a RSS per project per
> > artifact -bug, etc- should be the best.
>
> I don't agree with doing it per project per item. I'd prefer a single
> project RSS with each item clearly categorised. That way one wouldn't
> need to aggregate the feeds for a single project to see all the news.

The problem is easy: is one RSS per project scalable?

> That's the basis on which I'll go ahead... but I'm happy to argue
> about it.

We spend to much time to rewrite stuff that was wrote in 3 different
ways in Sourceforge: as it's clear that some people, including me,
will want RSS for any kind of artifact (bugs, tasks, news etc)
we can have for a project, it must be working/implemented for any kind
of artifact easily.

That's the main point.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org