[Savannah-hackers] submission of XML Difference Generator - savannah.non

From: gnudev2
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of XML Difference Generator - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:23:02 -0400

XML Difference <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: XML Difference Generator
System name: xmldiff
Type: non-GNU

This project is intended to develop a free tool for finding out differences in
two similar xml files. I was working for a banking project where we used to
receive contract information in xml format. Need was to find out whether a
given contract has changed or not since last. That difference of tags or values
of the xml file was to be found out.

This project is still in its conception state. Actual/New design and
implementation ideas are welcome. Here I will put what I have already thought
of -

> Will be developed in Java

> Will be using DOM technology

> Will have a GUI to allow relatively easy to use user interface

> Will also have command line interface to allow integration with other
> sources/recipients

> Will allow the difference output in various forms

        - allow only unchanged tags to go to  a new file

        - allow only changed tags to go to  a new file

        - generate a separate XML file containing the differences

> Possible future upgradations

        - Using DTD/XSD to compare the xml files

Other Software Required:
This has been verified that the code can be/will be developed using only free
java technologies.

The apache xml processing libraries will be used for the same.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/