Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: hurdppc as a GNU package]

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: hurdppc as a GNU package]
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 13:37:03 -0400

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 01:07:52PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Can you tell me why Jose did not get a response?
> How did our system drop his request, and how can we
> change it so that won't happen again.

We asked maintainers to examine the project:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2003-06/msg00747.html

< begin >
Hi,

The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation
to become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?

Submitter: <address@hidden>
Project Full Name:  Hurd on Mach on PowerPC
Project System Name:  hurdppc
License:  other
Approval URL:
https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=4685
the OFS's
Mach implementation to run with the ported oskit, includying the Linux
drivers
for modern ppc hardware. Then, run the hurd on modern ppc machines (as
macintosh ones).

The homepage of the project is on:
http://es.gnu.org/~jemarch/ppc-oskit

There is not sources for now (apart the unported oskit and osfmk
sources).

 -- the Savannah admin

< end >

It seems nobody from the maintainers team contacted Jose.  I'm sorry
but I can't give you any more information about that.

I think Mathieu can give you more information if he informed Jose that
he forwarded his request to maintainers.   I couldn't find a message
in the archive about that.

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org