[Savannah-hackers] submission of Web Oriented Resources Management - sav

From: samuelpajilewski
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Web Oriented Resources Management - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:01:46 -0400

Samuel Pajilewski <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Web Oriented Resources Management
System name: worm
Type: non-GNU

The main purpose of this project is to help system administrators to create,
modify, integrate and fashion Pages for Enterprise Resource Management. It is a
Web Oriented Project, based upon PHP, HTML, XML, CSS and JavaScript, using a
Database with abstraction on which system Database we can use (The project
offer a PHP Class with methodes, we can inherite a mother class for using
another Database. I have currently developped the PostgreSQL Class components
but we can easily develop others classes for MySQL, Oracle or other Databases).

 Through a Web interface, generated in PHP and using an available Theme to
display elements, the user must be identified (thanks to PHP sessions,  if the
main session variable is not set and if the password does not match the user
equivalence, the user is automatically redirected to the identification form).

 According to the account and the level of access (there is lot of different
functions granted to user, like Administrator, Software developpers, Accounting
department...), we can use the available modules to use some Pages available.

 Currently, the main core of the project is developped : We can manually
generate Pages, add a module (Require modifying the catalog file containing the
module - this catalog file could be replaced with an XML file afterward ,
modifying the file responsible to dipslay the dynamic menu managed in
JavaScript, and create the directoty hosting the module), Add an user, add a
function, add a Theme, add a Dictionary (Since the project can be used through
the world, it uses a system to allow user to choose different dictionnary.
Afterwards, it will be managed thanks to XML).

 Each time we add a module, the dynamic module is automatically updated
according to the current session.

 I plan to release an usable version of the project in the 0.1x branch, since
there is a lot of work to do, like completing the documentation, clarify the
codes, and drop redundancies. UML will be used to modelize WORM in object
relations.

  This project does not require any specific Operating System, even if now,
this is only plainly usable with GNU/Linux since I use the shell_exec function
in PHP, that is not really portable. Afterward I will develop a specific
(abstract) class that will allow user to inherit from her to develop a class to
a specific OS.

 I don't have any URL to provide since I don't have any secure Web

emplacement to put my project. So if you would like to take a look on the code,
I can send  it you through email. This is an already big project. Mathieu Roy
should receive the project in a tarball archive.

Other Software Required:
 The software does not contain any proprietary codes. However, I was delighted
to provide the user automated installer developped in different ways, like GTK,
QT and Java

 Since I need Java Swing in the installer (Installer are notre already

developped but the conception is nearly completed), I will not host the
installer at savannah.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/