[Savannah-hackers] [support #102459] CVS checkout of savannah module is

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #102459] CVS checkout of savannah module is broken
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:02:57 -0400

Support Request #102459, was updated on Fri 09/19/2003 at 11:47
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=102459&group_id=11

Category: CVS

By: lurk
Date: Fri 09/19/2003 at 13:02
Logged In: NO
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/85 (KHTML,
like Gecko) Safari/85

I just figured out this bug.

The problem is with the directory

savannah/etc/site-specific-content/cvs

I am running on Mac OS X and have a HFS+ partition.  This particular file

system is case preserving but not case sensitive.  So during the checkout

the CVS directory is being overwritten by the cvs  directory and messing

things up.  I will just use my linux box later this weekend to grab it.

I do not know what the GNU standards are for naming files and

directories are but I know that internally we cannot use to names that

differ only in case for exactly this reason.  This will also cause problems

for some windows users and OS/2 users if you care about them ;-)

Thanks for all your help,

-Eric

By: yeupou