[Savannah-hackers] submission of SeekIT - savannah.gnu.org

From: dpecos
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of SeekIT - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:19:06 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Daniel Pecos Martinez <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: SeekIT
System name: seekit
Type: GNU

The purpose of our project is to have a tool on a GNU/Linux or Windows machine,
that help us to find those things we can't remember where they are, instead of
having to search through all yor media collection. Main difference between this
tool and others is that SeekIT indexes the content of different paths or
medias, and stores, being able to return fast results of searches through its
media collection.

It's being developed using C# and the Mono compiler (http://www.go-mono.com),
in order to get OS

portability. It has also been splited into different parts, which allow us to
reimplement some of these parts, making them act as if they were plugins. For
example, the user interface can be a GTK one, a web one, or whatever kind you
could think of.

Furthermore it internally works with XML data, making it easy to translate it
into another formats like HTML, PDF ... (TODO). We are planing some
improvements like user-password security, SSL communications between clients
and servers and server intercomunication in order to synchronize and share it's
collections.

Source code available on
http://www.aditel.org/~dpecos/projects/seekit/bin/seekit-0.5.1.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
It depends on a Mono/.NET environment. It has been mainly developed under Mono
running on a GNU/Linux machine. Furthermore it will be require the GTK# library
in order to run the graphic interface.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/