[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Voyeur - Linux game hacking tool -

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Voyeur - Linux game hacking tool - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:12:31 -0400

    Personally, I'm not in favor of hosting this project because, despite
    of what the submitter say, it does harm games. Most of the recent game
    propose "cheat" features in the software when you are not playing
    over the net with other real persons but with AIs.

In general, we see nothing wrong with reverse engineering
tools.  (The users ought to have the source code anyway.)

But I need to know more in order to think about the question.

I gather that on Windows these scanning program are common.
What are the general views among gamers who use Windows
about these programs?