[Savannah-hackers] Re: status of audio-video project

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: status of audio-video project
Date: 24 Sep 2003 08:37:33 +0200

Nick Hill <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> I notice the Audio-video project is now hosted on the /usr filesystem
> instead of a much larger FS on a dedicated hdd.

Yes, the FS that was hosting the CVSROOT was nearly full and the
/upload (download area) that was on /usr was growing fastly.

Now they are on a dedicated hard disk, in noexec mode.

We should receive a new 160 GB Hard Disk, it will probably replace
hda, no longer really used (hardware failure apparently).

> I also notice that ~1.2Gb of free space was available on the /usr
> filesystem. I have therefore managed to unlink 1.4Gb data from the
> audio-video project.
>
> I used this 1.4Gb for a higher quality recording from our archives
> which a TV production company needed.
>
> The same movie is available in smaller chunks to those with a
> unix-like shell so is now safe to unlink. However, I cannot remove
> files from the audio-video project. I can only make them zero length.
>
> It is a good idea to keep around 2Gb headroom on this filesystem as I
> may need to re-allocate for similar purposes. It is also likely that
> over the next year, 200-2000Mb will be allocated to audio-video public
> download and project archives

With the new HD, it will be easy to dedicate over 50 Mo to
audio-video, not on /usr.

> . RMS has a busy speech season coming and I hope to receive high
> quality material to include in the AV project.

> Please check that all items below subversions:/audio-video are
> read-write from my account.

Is it ok now for you?

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org