[Savannah-hackers] submission of mytunes - an mp3 player. - savannah.non

From: b00tle99a
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of mytunes - an mp3 player. - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:34:51 -0400

William Cahill <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: mytunes - an mp3 player.
System name: mytunes
Type: non-GNU

mytunes is going to be a wonderful new mp3 player.  I had searched the web,
including the savannah sites, for mp3 players, and couldn't find any ones to my
liking, particularly any made for use in WindowMaker.  So I started my own.
The current (almost ready?) source code can be found at
http://thuhfreak.isa-geek.com/~bill/mytunes-0.0.1a.tar.gz.  I say almost ready
because I still have to work out some gui issues, test audio a bit more, but
generally everything I want for the first release is there.  I had originally
intended it to be an xmms-frontend (so you may notice references to xmms
throughout the code/gui), but I decided to switch gears and go without it.  The
main advantage (I hope) that mytunes will have over other, more popular,
players (like xmms) is reasonable playlist support.  I have recently switched
from osx to linux, and I had loved iTunes and how it handled all that.  So I
wanted to mimic iTunes smart playlists, and interface a bit.  I, of course,
won't refer to that program directly in the public description.  I tried to
keep pretty strict to myself about GPL issues.  I made sure to have a notice at
the top of every page, and to have the COPYING file at the root.  I hope I
haven't missed anything, if so, I'll gladly fill you in.

Other Software Required:
mytunes uses GNUstep foundation libraries (though no GNU-specific extensions, I
think), and GNUstep gui libraries.  Also the libao audio library, libmad for
mp3->pcm conversion, and libid3tag for grabbing (and soon setting) id3 tags.

Other Comments:
I would also be interested, if I meet the requirements, for mytunes to be a
part of the GNU project.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/