Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Voyeur - Linux game hacking too

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Voyeur - Linux game hacking tool - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 03:54:55 -0400

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 10:31:58PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> I cannot accept that view.  We must not say that we refuse to judge
> the job that software does.  If the purpose or the main use of a
> program is antisocial, we will not support its development.

I think we are walking on a very thin line here.  But maybe it is
the time to set everything straight as Savannah is getting bigger and
bigger.  We will surely reoccur such problems in the future.

If we refuse this project for anti social reasons, then we should
update the requirements on the Savannah pages.

Current requirements (please add if I forgot some)
- must be free software
- must use a gpl compatible license
- must run on a free OS
- must only make use of gpl compatible software

And what about the P2P clients we are hosting?  They are in the first
place used to share non-free software and to share music.

That is antisocial to the free software community too if you consider
the antisocial requirement.  If you start using the anti social
requirement, the maintainers of the P2P clients we not be very happy
because the have used our services extensively.

What do you think?

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org