[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Narya Forum and Project Incubator -

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Narya Forum and Project Incubator - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 27 Sep 2003 11:23:09 +0200

Terry Hancock <address@hidden> said:

> On Thursday 25 September 2003 09:52 am, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 09:14:21AM -0500, Terry Hancock wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry.  I withdraw my request.  I am not so desperate for a
> > > CVS server that I must submit to ideological tyranny to get
> > > it.
> >
> > Clearly, you do not support the Free Software movement and thus do not
> > deserve to make use of our services.
> >
> > It is your freedom to not support us, but it is also our freedom
> > to not let you use our Savannah services.
>
> Only because you think that words are more important than actions.

Or as important as actions.

> Remember you are rejecting what I do because of what I CALL it.

Yes, like I rejected the USA when they gone to war against Iraqi
claiming there were doing that against terrorism and for massive
destruction weapons.

If they had said "well, Saddam Hussein is an horrible dictator that we
helped for more than 15 years but we now admit that it was a mistake,
and we want to help this area to recover some autonomy but putting
this criminal in jail", things would have been surely different.
(You can replace Saddam Hussein by Ousama Bin Laden, it works too)

Because how you _call_ things is something you _do_. Talking is an
action, and how you describe your work have a direct impact on your
work.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: