Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of cachecc1 -

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of cachecc1 -
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:01:21 -0400

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 05:32:03PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> A package was submitted to
> Benoit Poulot-Cazajous <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: cachecc1
> System name: cachecc1
> Type: non-GNU
> cachecc1 is a compiler cache. It can be compared to
> ccache but provides some unique features :
> 1) uses LD_PRELOAD to catch gcc invocations
> 2) supports transparently all build methods.
> 3) can cache gcc bootstraps
> It can be downloaded from

 In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
(, into a file named "COPYING".

Additional instructions are available from

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to

> It currently only works on Linux/x86, but used to work also on Solaris/sparc.

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS
to GNU/Linux?

For more information, see

Please register your project once more with the changes
mentioned above.

We cannot track projects that have been answered but not approved, so
we must ask you to register the project whenever you change the
registration. Make sure to apply all changes so you need to reregister
only once.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgement of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location.