[Savannah-hackers] Re: Uploading files

From: Annamalai Gurusami
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Uploading files
Date: 08 Oct 2003 21:12:48 +0530

Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:

> Annamalai Gurusami <address@hidden> said:

[snip]

> > I agree to the security part of that statement.  But then when I am
> > not going to write software (my project is going to be
> > documents/articles), a web interface is quite convenient and it is a
> > lot easier.
> >
> > I don't have internet connectivity at home.  And the Internet Cafes
> > would not have the kind of software that this requires (ssh, cvs). [I
> > am in Bangalore, India].  And so my only bet would be my company
> > resource.  And I don't think my company sysadmin would be very much
> > willing to give me special access (or privileges).
>
> You should try.

Sysadmins, cannot do anything with the policy of the company.  But I
am still trying to figure out a way to use savannah.  I have installed
cygwin, and the proxytunnel tool.

$ cat ~/.ssh/config
Host subversions.gnu.org
  Protocol 1
  ProxyCommand /usr/local/bin/proxytunnel.exe -g 172.16.0.52 -G 80 -d
subversions.gnu.org -D 443

$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ cvs -z3 address@hidden:443/cvsroot/ferment co ferment
cvs checkout: CVSROOT port specification is only valid for gserver, kserver,
cvs checkout: and pserver connection methods.
cvs [checkout aborted]: Bad CVSROOT: address@hidden:443/cvsroot/
ferment'.
$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:address@hidden:443/cvsroot/ferment co ferm
ent
cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to subversions.gnu.org(199.232.41.2):443 failed:
 Connection timed out
$ exit

I am more hopeful now!  From this point forward, how should I go about
it.  I am not sure why :pserver: times out.  And I don't know who says
that CVSROOT port specification is only valid for gserver, kserver,
and pserver connection methods.

Any help?

Rgds,
anna

--

Time-stamp: <2003-09-27 10:26:46 annamalai.gurusami>

Pth is a very portable POSIX/ANSI-C based library for Unix platforms
which provides non-preemptive priority-based scheduling for multiple
threads of execution (aka ``multithreading'') inside event-driven
applications.

http://www.gnu.org/software/pth/