[Savannah-hackers] Re: Uploading files

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Uploading files
Date: 09 Oct 2003 08:14:28 +0200

Annamalai Gurusami <address@hidden> said:

> Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > $ cat ~/.ssh/config
> > > Host subversions.gnu.org
> > >   Protocol 1
> > >   ProxyCommand /usr/local/bin/proxytunnel.exe -g 172.16.0.52 -G 80 -d
> > > subversions.gnu.org -D 443
> > >
> > > $ export CVS_RSH=ssh
> > > $ cvs -z3 address@hidden:443/cvsroot/ferment co ferment
> > > cvs checkout: CVSROOT port specification is only valid for gserver,
> > > kserver,
> > > cvs checkout: and pserver connection methods.
> > > cvs [checkout aborted]: Bad CVSROOT: address@hidden:443/cvsroot/
> > > ferment'.
>
> Why this is the case?  What should I do now?

You should not specify a port with this command (:443). Why? Well, I'm
not a CVS developer.

What should you do now? Can you ping the server on the port 443? If so
retry your command without the port specification.
If you cannot, ask your sysadmins to open that port for outcoming
connections.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: