[Savannah-hackers] Re: Problem with SKS CVS access

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Problem with SKS CVS access
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:17:46 +0100

Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> said:

> "Yaron Minsky" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've been seeing problems with CVS access to Savannah.  Here's what
>> happened when I tried an anonymous login:
>>
>> dragonfly: tmp $ cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/sks
>> login
>> (Logging in to address@hidden)
>> CVS password:
>> cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server subversions.gnu.org: EOF
>> dragonfly: tmp $
>>
>> And here's the log sent to me by a user trying to access the repository:
>>
>> pks# cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden/cvsroot/sks co sks
>> cvs server: warning: cannot write to history file
>> /cvsroot/sks/CVSROOT/history:
>> Permission denied
>> cvs server: Updating sks
>> cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/cvsroot/sks/sks'
>> (/cvsroot/sks/sks/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
>> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvsroot/sks/sks'
>> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
>> pks#
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> I'm looking into it... it seems I forgot to make the history file
> writable by anoncvs...

Was it a CVS you imported?

When we import a CVS, we do not keep the CVSROOT/, this directory is
usually way too specific to be kept without risking to break lot of
things.

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |