[Savannah-hackers] submission of TrsWM - savannah.nongnu.org

From: yarick
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of TrsWM - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:50:22 -0500

Yaroslav Rastrigin <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: Short version, to save you from reading weird stuff below:

do what you want to do with this code, whatever, whenever.

You can use parts of it, or the whole project, put it under

whatever license you want, use it commercially or entirely for your pleasure -
no bounds, no strings attached. You can put your copyright on it, but then I'll
either fork or abandon this project.

Longer version, if you're curious:

I strongly believe in the noosphere - pool of eternal knowledge, which contains
answers on every question which was, is and will be asked. Richard Bach
described it much more extensively and correctly in his novels ("One").

Said so, I don't believe in (or, better, I can't understand true meaning of)
the copyright system. I don't think about myself as an "author" or "inventor"
or how people usually call those, who, in a process of solving problems, connect

to this pool and grab the solution from there. And I can't claim my authorship
on something that was already existing, and all I did was a conversion from one
form (pure knowledge) to another (bitstream). So, you have at least as many
rights on this code as I am.
Package: TrsWM
System name: trswm
Type: non-GNU

This project is a window manager, utilising two conceptions -

"tabbed" mode (one frame hosts several equally-sized applications) and "tiling"
(frames of the same class can not overlap).

http://www.relex.ru/~yarick/trswm/trswm-0.4.9.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
Lua extensible extension language, http://www.lua.org

Other Comments:
Read COPYING for an explanation of the license

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/