[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of aiarena - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of aiarena - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:39:21 +0100

Dejan Lozanovic <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> On Tuesday 11 November 2003 10:50, you wrote:
>> Dejan Lozanovic <address@hidden> a tapoté :

>> > So if player A gave me his AI program he is forced to give me his source
>> > code if I ask, so I can look his code and modify my program before
>> > battle, and since it is a competiotion, I beileve it is better to keep AI
>> > closed for a while.
>>
>> I do not understand what exactly it have to do with the license.
>
> Hmm is it possibile to get libaiarena and rest of the project into one
> project
> on savanah ?
>
> Well I had another opinion about my project
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2003-11/msg00212.html
>
> I beileve my users will have more benetifts if library is published under
> LGPL
> instead of GPL,maybe I'm wrong :)). I beileve that I can attract more players
> to play my game if library is LGPL instead of pure GPL.

Well, I'm unable to understand the reasons behind that, be you are
entitled to your own opinion.

I'm a bit doubtful about this statement:
    "IMHO it is better that individuals make up their mind about
    choosing the GPL, rather than you imposing it. LGPL looks like a
    good option for your library to me."

Not picking the GPL because you want people to pick the GPL, is a bit
weird to me. If you refuse to make that choice (GPL instead of LGPL),
why these persons should do it at a later point? Why would it be wrong
for you to pick the GPL and good for them to pick the GPL?

As a matter of fact, I do not believe it is unfair to refuse to give
away your time, by licensing software under the LGPL or mBSD, but I
admit this is a very personal point of view.

I assume that you definitely prefer having all parts of your
project under the same savannah project, so I'll approve it that way.

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |