[Savannah-hackers] submission of Authorization Server - savannah.nongnu.

From: kov
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Authorization Server - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:58:40 -0500

Gustavo Noronha Silva <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License: The server and other apps will be released under the GPL, too.
Only the library stuff will be LGPL.
Package: Authorization Server
System name: secserver
Type: non-GNU

Our project intends to create an authorization solution to be used mainly on
the free Desktop Environments. It will include a daemon to handle user
authentication and launching administrative command line tools with root
access, among other things, a library that will serve as the primary interface
between the requesting programs and the server. This new framework also
provides a foundation for more sophisticated authorization architectures with
finer granularity, such as role- or time-based access.

The server will be responsible for running an authentication dialog when needed
with the UI requested by the requesting application: GNOME, KDE, text dialogs
will be made available through dynamically loadable plugins.

You can check some preliminary code here:
http://carlos.pemas.net/svn/public/secserver/trunk/. This code might be
completely rewriten from scratch after we have our project approved, because we
will primarily be using a mailing list to discuss the API we want.

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/